Monday, October 02, 2006

del.icio.us organization for our Archives assignment

Finally, a better way to organize links than just copying and pasting urls in a big list in a Word file! I don't know how well you are all doing with your Archives assignment for the week, but I'm having a bit of trouble finding a third "solid resource" for someone looking for a relative's WWI military records online. Obviously, the Library and Archives Canada digitized documents are useful. Also, I think the Virtual War Memorial's database of information about Canadians' graves is useful, as well. The remaining links I've found haven't been that great, though. Anyway, in the name of open research, (and as my first experiment in social bookmarking), I thought I'd let you know what I've come up with. My bookmarks for this assignment are at http://del.icio.us/laurenburger.

Tags: , ,

1 comment:

Alex said...

A good third resource is www.cwgc.org. It is the Commonweath Graves Comission. Has all the listings for soldiers. The soldier from the assignment is in there. Take care.

Alex